- Find the avulsed tooth.
- Hold it by the (top part) only, not the root.
- Rinse it under cold water; do not scrub.
- Reinsert it into the socket quickly, making sure that the front of the tooth is facing you. If this is not possible, place the tooth in cold milk or cold water and take the child and the tooth to a dentist immediately.
- A primary or permanent tooth turning dark.
- an abscess requiring extraction or root canal therapy.
- A fracture to a permanent tooth root complicating any orthodontic movement.
- Failure of a reattachment of a tooth chip and bonding.
- The need for a crown.