Why are Primary Teeth Important?
They Are Just Baby Teeth, Why The big Deal?
- They help a child get maximum nutrition by chewing the food prior to swallowing
- Cavities (tooth decay, or caries) can lead to painful and dangerous abscesses
- Premature loss of teeth can be disfiguring and lead to social issues for children
- Primary teeth are placeholders for the permanent teeth infections or early loss can lead to developmental problems and need for braces and surgery later
- Proper hygiene and regular dental visits early in life leads to better life habits
- Speech patterns can be unaddressed affected by dental problems in children.