|Checkup at Crystal Lake Dental|
We have broken the mold and for the past several years, we have been offering a superior service!
What we do during atypical adult checkup and professional cleaning appointment:
- Update your personal information including your health history 1
- Screen annually for Sleep Apnea 2
- Offer comprehensive oral cancer screening annually 3
- Take your blood pressure 4
- Do a digital and visual oral cancer screening ₅
- Take needed digital x-rays annually or if there is a concern ₆
- A complete periodontal probing ₇
- Laser DIAGNOdent© cavity detection as well as a traditional explorer probe ₈
- Provide a professional cleaning
- Offer fluoride for adults ₉
- Intra-oral camera exam ₁₀
- Recommend a customized checkup and professional cleaning schedule that fits your needs ₁₁
- Recommend needed treatment and offer videos to help explain the condition and recommended procedures. ₁₂
- All of our hygienists and the doctor uses magnification during your examination and treatment₁₃
- We offer in addition to our wide variety of magazines, complimentary refreshments including fresh brewed coffees ₁₄ and cappuccino etc, warm hand waxing, pillows, blankets, TV in treatment rooms, complimentary ring and glasses cleaning.
- Unless otherwise needed, the doctor’s exam₁₅ is only performed annually as a convenience and cost saving to you.
- For our sensitive and anxious patients, oral pre-medication and laughing gas (Nitrous Oxide) are available.
- A complete health and dental history
- Gathering necessary personal information for our files as needed Address Phone, insurance etc..
- Interview with the doctor and/or hygienist
- Take needed digital x-rays
- Complete dental charting of all teeth, existing restorations, pathology, and periodontal screening
- Oral cancer digital, and visual exam and intra oral camera exam, 1₅
- Face and smile photos for a baseline ₁₆
- Sleep Apnea screening
- Examine the bite, range of jaw movement, TMJ and muscles
- Taking into account, the patients concerns and desires a treatment plan is developed
- If the treatment plan is simple, we can make financial arrangements and begin scheduling treatment
- If the treatment plan is complicated, the doctor needs more time to develop a plan, or additional records are needed, a consultation may be scheduled at a future date
- If possible and appropriate, a cleaning may be provided or scheduled